# Methodology : “Rapid testing is a mind-set and a skill-set of testing focused on how to do testing more quickly, less expensively, with excellent results”.
– Advocates of context-driven approach to testing. – Involves considerations of skill, personal integrity, improved focus on need for testing, improved appreciation for stakeholders, knowledge of tools and techniques.
Section 1 (Step 1 : Learn how to test)
- The Premise of Rapid Testing :
- Software projects and products are relationships between people, who are creatures both emotional and rational thought.
- Each project occurs under conditions of uncertainty and time pressure.
- Despite our best hope and intentions, some degree of inexperience, carelessness, and incompetence is normal.
- A test is an activity; it is performance, not artefacts.
- Testing’s purpose is to discover the status of the product and any threats to its value, so that our clients can make informed decisions about it.
- We commit to performing credible, cost-effective testing, and we will inform our clients of anything that threatens that commitment.
- We will not knowingly or negligently mislead our clients and colleagues.
- Testers accept responsibility, for the quality of their work, although they cannot control the quality of the product.
> Quality is value to some person (who matters).
> A bug is anything about the product that threatens the value.
- Checking is not testing. Checking: Operating a product to check specific facts about it.
- Testing is: